Welcome to Third Party MVS :: An Authorized Third Party Provider for the Motor Vehicle Division | FAQs
page-template-default,page,page-id-348883,eltd-cpt-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,moose child-child-ver-1.0.0,moose-ver-2.2, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,blog_installed,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.6,vc_responsive


Is there a convenience fee to use your services?

Yes, a convenience fee shall apply to our services.

What type of credit cards do you take?

We take all major credit cards.

What documents are required to apply for a driver license or an identification?

Please see the form labeled IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS in the FORMS link for details on documentation requirements.

Do I have to take a test?

If you have a current out-of-state driver license in your possession, you will normally not have to take a written or road test. However, in some cases it may be required.

How do I change my name on my driver license?

You are required by law to notify MVD of a name or address change within 10 days. We are required to verify your Social Security number before your record can be updated, therefore you must first contact the Social Security Administration online or at 800.772.1213 for information on how to change your name on their records. After you have changed your name with SSA, wait two days for their computer system to be updated. You should then visit us to present identification in both your new and previous names. This must be an original or certified copy (must be certified by the issuing agency) of one of these documents:

  • Marriage Certificate/License
  • Divorce Decree
  • Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization
  • Court order

I am selling my vehicle what should I do?

When selling your vehicle, you must give the buyer the signed and notarized Arizona title. Once you have done that it’s important to come into our office to notify that the vehicle was sold. This is very important to avoid any future abandon vehicle fines that may be applied. When doing the notification you may qualify for a plate credit refund.

Can I renew my registration even if I don’t have a renewal notice?

Yes. It is not required that you have the renewal notice. You can bring us your current (or expired) registration document.

How do I get a replacement license plate or replacement registration/tab?

A form of identification is required, and you must have the license plate and/or vehicle identification number.